Monday, March 14, 2016

OPI Hello Kitty Collection - My Picks

I've been a huge fan of Hello Kitty since I was a child so, when I found out that OPI was releasing a Hello Kitty collection I couldn't wait!  I wanted to purchase every bottle because of how cute the brush covers are, but I restrained myself and only purchased the shades that I didn't have dupes for.  Here they are:

Look At My Bow is a light bubble gum pink cream.  It has the slightest hint of a blue-ish undertone to it which makes it a bit more unique.


Pretty Cute In Pink is not pink at all!  It's purple.  Perhaps some would say that it is orchid but, it is certainly not pink. Despite the deceiving name, I really love this one.  It's a jelly formula, which is my favorite.  It's super shiny and looks "squishy" like gel polish.

 
Spoken From The Heart is a pinky coral crelly (a cross between a cream and jelly formula).  This is one of my favorites in the collection.  I really love shades like this for spring and summer. 
 
 
5 Apples Tall is a bright red cream polish.  Hello Kitty is said to be 5 apples tall, hence the name.
 
 
My Pal Joey is a vibrant blue cream. This was a surprise favorite for me and would be a great color for a fun summer pedicure!  This polish is named after Hello Kitty's little mouse friend, Joey.
 
 
Charmmy & Sugar is a silvery lavender based glitter polish filled with pink shimmer and multicolored glitter.  This took several coats to make it opaque, but it dries quickly.  I may use it as a topper next time.  Did you know that Hello Kitty has a pet cat?  Well she does and it's name is Charmmy.  She also has a pet hamster named... you guessed it... Sugar.  
 
 
Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel is a fuchsia pink, blue and purple glitter.  I almost passed on this one, but I'm glad that I decided not too.  It's stunning in person.  I don't have anything else like it.  And as a Hello Kitty lover, how could I pass on a polish that is named after her boyfriend?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment