Wednesday, March 25, 2015

OPI Nordic Collection Fall/Winter 2014/2015 My Picks

I'm finally getting towards the end of all of my 2014/15 fall and winter polishes.  I'm almost done!  Last week I chose to wear the Nordic collection by OPI.  The collection consists of 12 polishes.  I chose the following six:
  
 Viking In A Vinter Vonderland is a dark purple crème. 
 

Skating On Thin Iceland is another purple shade, although much lighter.  OPI describes it as a Black Cherry Crème.  It was much more purple than black cherry... at least I thought so.

 
Do You Have This Color In Stockholm? was a bit tricky to photograph.  No matter how hard I tried (and I really tried) I could not get a true representation of the color.  It looks really blue in the photograph, but in real life it's much more violet.
 
 
 Thank Glogg It's Friday!  Ok, I'll admit that I purchased this one just because of it's name.  I'm a huge fan of the movie Frozen and there is a part in the movie when Hans says, "There's soup and hot glogg in the Great Hall."  So naturally, I chuckled at the name and ordered it. I wasn't wowed by this shade, but again I didn't purchase it for the color.  Silly, I know.  But, I'm a sucker for a good polish name especially when I relate to it personally.  This is not the first time that I've purchased a polish just because of its name and I'm certain that it won't be the last. 
 
 
My Voice Is A Little Norse is a holographic glitter topper in a grey tinted base.  This is 2 coats over a dark grey polish.  I used Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! from OPI's 2012 fall/winter collection.
 
 
My Dogsled Is A Hybrid is a dark mint green crème.  At least that's how I would describe it.  I've seen it described as sage green, sea foam, sea green etc.  You be the judge.  I liked this one a lot more than I expected to.  I actually wore it for 3 days, which is rare.  It's a great transition color into the mint green shades that are so popular in the upcoming spring and summer collections.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment