Monday, August 25, 2014

75 Years of The Wizard of Oz


On this day in 1939, The Wizard of Oz opened in theaters across the United States.  It’s one of the best-loved movies in history and it will always be one of my favorites.
Here is a mani that I did for the occasion followed by some of my favorite quotes from the movie.

 
Thumb - Sally Hansen - Emerald City
               Design - Nail Sticker
Index -   China Glaze - Ruby Pumps
Middle - China Glaze - Lighthouse over OPI - The It Color
               Design - KSP Orange IP BM-422
Ring -     OPI - Push and Shove
               Design - Nail Sticker
Pinky -   Sephora by OPI - Slushied
               Design - KSP White IP m64
 
 
"You mean she bit you?  Oh, she bit her dog, eh?
- Uncle Henry

 


 

"For 23 years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you!  And now... well, being a Christian woman I can't say it!"
- Auntie Em
 
 
"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
- The Wizard
 
 
"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking don't they?"
- Scarecrow
 
 
"Look at the circles under my eyes, I haven't slept in weeks."
- Cowardly Lion
 
 
 
"Now I know I've got a heart because it's breaking."
- Tin Man
 
 
"Who ever thought a little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?"
- Wicked Witch
 
 
 
"Only bad witches are ugly."
- Glinda
 
 
 
“I think that… if I ever go looking for my heart’s desire again, I won’t look any further than my own back yard.” 
- Dorothy
 
 
And the all time favorite:
"There's no place like home."
 - Dorothy
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment